Solana is an open-source layer 1 blockchain platform with smart contract functionality. The original concept was outlined by Anatoly Yakovenko, Raj Gokal, Greg Fitzgerald, and Stephen Akridgein in their November 2017 whitepaper. Since then, the platform has grown tremendously and it is now among the top blockchains ranked by market capitalization.
Some Solana protocols/Apps
Some of Solana's popular protocols/apps are:
- Serum- A Decentralized Exchange (DEX)
- Raydium- An Automated Market Maker (AMM)
- Solend- A lending and borrowing protocol
- Magic Eden- A NFT marketplace on Solana
- Solvent- A Protocol allowing users to liquidate their NFTs
- Grape- A protocol for building token-based membership communities.