Jump to navigation Jump to search
Radiant Capital is aiming to be an omnichain money market, where users can deposit any major asset on any major chain and borrow a variety of supported assets across multiple chains.
Borrow and Lend Cross Chain, Seamlessly
- Radiant aims to be the first omnichain money market, where users can deposit any major asset on any major chain and borrow a variety of supported assets across multiple chains.
- Our primary goal is to consolidate the ~$22 billion of fragmented liquidity currently dispersed across over the top ten alternative layers (source: DefiLlama).
- Lenders who provide liquidity to Radiant will earn a passive income on the assets they deposit.
- Borrowers are able to withdraw against collateralized funds in order to obtain liquidity (working capital) without selling their assets and closing their positions.
A New DeFi Primitive
- Radiant has been eight months in the making, as we strive to invent a new but very necessary DeFi primitive.
- As such, given the current state of alt L1s, Radiant will be launching v1 on what we believe to be the most secure and decentralized blockchain – Arbitrum.
- Arbitrum's transaction fee mitigation, combined with Ethereum's security and institutional adoption, enables our team to build an ecosystem that provides our users with competitive interest-bearing opportunities while maintaining a high degree of safety.
- RDNT is the native reward token, with emissions allocated to Lenders, Borrowers, & RDNT/WETH Liquidity providers. Radiant Capital plans to enable our DAO community to vote on important measures using locked RDNT in the near future. RDNT is an ERC-20 token.
- Revenue generated through borrowers' interest is distributed directly to users who vest or lock RDNT. Both lenders and borrowers receive RDNT rewards to incentivize protocol use.
- Liquidity mining rewards must be vested over the course of four weeks (28 days), but may be claimed immediately for a 50% penalty. This penalty fee is then distributed to users who choose to lock RDNT for 28 days. This mechanism ensures steady rewards for those who actively commit to the protocol by locking their tokens.