Jump to navigation Jump to search
Oasis Network is the leading privacy-enabled and scalable layer-1 blockchain network to propel Web3 forward.
Oasis Network Features
Private and Scalable DeFi
- By bringing privacy and scalability to DeFi, the Oasis Network expands DeFi beyond early adopters to a mass market. It enables private smart contracts, high scalability, and the ability to tokenize data. This unlocks new use cases like private lending, undercollateralized loans, and private automated market makers.
- The Oasis Network’s unique combination of confidential computing and blockchain enables a new paradigm called Tokenized Data. With Tokenized Data users can earn rewards by staking their data with apps that want to analyze it or control how their most sensitive information is consumed by the services they use.
Parallel Smart Contract Layers
- The Oasis ParaTime scaling architecture supports fast transaction speed, high scalability, and large workloads by separating execution from consensus. Anyone can create their own ParaTime, allowing for the Oasis Network to support a rich ecosystem of applications and use cases.
Scalable, Reliable and Versatile
- The Oasis Network separates consensus and execution into two layers — the Consensus Layer and The ParaTime Layer — for better scalability and increased versatility.
- Separation of consensus and execution allows multiple ParaTimes to process transactions in parallel, meaning complex workloads processed on one ParaTime won’t slow down faster, simpler transactions on another.
Confidential Smart Contracts
- The first network to support confidential smart contracts. The Oasis Eth/WASI Runtime is an open source example of a confidential ParaTime that uses secure enclaves to keep data private while being processed.
- The network’s unique system of discrepancy detection makes Oasis more efficient than sharding and parachains — requiring a smaller replication factor for the same level of security.