Jump to navigation Jump to search
GUSD is a 1:1 USD-backed stablecoin issued by Gemini. Gemini customers can redeem a GUSD for $1 at Gemini.
Gemini Dollar Utilization:
- Transact on decentralized exchanges: Use GUSD to trade and stake in DeFi
- Lend and earn interest: Earn high yields in DeFi and through Gemini Earn
- Provide liquidity: Use with DeFi automated market makers and other liquidity pools
- Spend in daily life: Send across borders in seconds and spend at your favorite stores with Gemini Pay
Gemini Dollar Features
Stable and Fully Backed
- GUSD1 is a 1:1 USD-backed stablecoin issued by Gemini. Gemini customers can redeem a GUSD for $1 at Gemini.
Regulated and Insured
- Gemini is a U.S. company regulated as a limited purpose trust company by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
- Each GUSD corresponds to a U.S. dollar held by Gemini in accounts at U.S. FDIC-insured bank accounts and money market funds holding short-term U.S. treasury bonds and maintained at a custodian. The cash portion of these GUSD reserves may be eligible for FDIC “pass through” insurance for Gemini customers, in the event of the failure of a bank holding the U.S. dollar deposit portion of the GUSD reserves.
- No compromises: Audit reports of the GUSD reserve are published monthly by an independent registered accounting firm, BPM LLP. The Ethereum smart contract has been audited by Trail of Bits, a leading information security research and development firm.
- There are no fees to buy or sell GUSD with U.S. dollars on the Gemini Exchange.
- GUSD is an Ethereum ERC-20 token, fully programmable and ready for use in smart contract development.
- Enjoy transfer in seconds and settlement on the Ethereum blockchain.