BIfrost is a substrate developed web3 derivatives protocol that provides decentralized cross-chain liquidity for staked assets. Bifrost’s mission is to provide standardized cross-chain interest-bearing derivatives for Polkadot relay chains, parachains and heterogeneous chains bridged with Polkadot.
What is Bifrost Solving
As a DeFi protocol, Bifrost is aiming to solve the following issues in PoS ecosystems:
- The paradox between Staking rewards and DeFi yields
- The balance between Token Staking/Circulating and security of PoS chains
- Staking rewards in cross-chain scenarios
- Mint vToken on BIfrost i.e. stake via Bifrost, you can control your underlying staking assets during the period.
Automatic Staking Management
- Bifrost Staking protocols are all running under the BIfrost parachain pallets, earn staking rewards every 24 hours, without centralized risks.
Extra Staking Returns + DeFi Yields
- Bifrost does delegating staking for users by selecting a set of validators and rebalancing the rewards, gives out more profitable solutions. By holding the vToken, you will have chances to head into more yield senarios.
Bifrost is a completely decentralized network, standardizing the interest generation, settlement and equity retention of Staking assets, which can provide liquidity for all kinds of Staking assets. However, due to the decentralized characteristics, the collateral also needs to have the following characteristics:
- Assets released on chain
- Reward settled on chain
- Equity proved on chain
BNC Value Capture
- Liquidity commission: Transfer, transaction, mortgage and other behaviors in Bifrost network all need to pay a certain commission to maintain the network. BNC that used to pay commission will be sent to the Treasury for further administration and distribution. (All kinds of tokens can pay commission).
- Gauge weight: BNC holders determine the gauge weight of different types of vTokens through staking, thereby regulating parameters such as minting incentives, staking rewards, and liquidity farming.
- Slash collateral: Participating nodes will be required to pledge part of BNC to obtain votes from the asset of Staking pool, while increasing the cost of Slash. Slash collateral will be increased or decreased based on the node's performance score.
- Governance: BNC can be used on on-chain parliament, technical committee, Treasury allocation, referendum governance, node election and other chain governance functions, hold BNC can get a right in Bifrost network governance.
- Staking reward: Part of the Staking reward generated from Bifrost will be used for BNC repurchase and put into the State Treasury.