Akash Developer Grant Program
The purpose of the program is to expand the developer community, encourage collaboration between developers, and develop open-source projects to promote further adoption and usage of Akash Network’s decentralized cloud.
Inspired by startup programs like AWS Activate and Y Combinator, the Developer Grant Program offers funding, guidance, support, and marketing for developers including:
- Grants: Developers can apply for grants in amounts ranging from $100 to $100,000 paid in $AKT.
- Office Hours: Office hours from Akash’s community and core development team to provide guidance and best practices as they build and test.
- Collaboration: Every project funded will be open source and will have its own channel on Discord to communicate with the Akash community.
- Powered by Akash: Promising projects will be featured on our forum and website to amplify attention.
- Demo Days: The top developers will present their projects to investors, advisors, and other developers in the Akash community via blogs and Akash branded livestreams. 
Launch Date: 8/3/21
Total Funding Allocated: Developers can apply for grants in amounts ranging from $100 to $100,000 paid in $AKT
Total Funds Distributed to Date (if available): not disclosed publicly
What Asset(s) are the funds paid out with (native token versus $USD, for example): $AKT
Where funding is tracked: You can find the grant requests and approvals on their forum but the community boards where they were all being tracked seem to be taken down.
Area(s) of Focus
- Expand the developer community
- encourage collaboration between developers
- develop open-source projects to promote further adoption and usage of Akash Network’s decentralized cloud
Proposals will be reviewed by the Community Awards Board (CAB). Each month the board will meet to review the proposals submitted by developers and craft on-chain proposals for the community to vote on. Meetings will be publicly announced and hosted online via Google Meet or Zoom. All meetings will be recorded and minutes will be shared publicly with the community.
The CAB is open to Akash customers, validators, providers, investors, advisors, employees, and former employees. If you’d like to nominate someone, please post your nomination publicly on the community forum’s Grant Applications. Being a member of this board requires active participation to review developer applications and be involved in the decision making and proposal writing process. 
How to Apply
Follow the instructions on this link to find out more